Yes David, I think you're right. Those are some very good points which I think needs to be address by us.

I can almost see OSM splitting into two halves, one half concentrating on the human facing side of OSM, such as map rendering, interfacing with users and building user apps and features, and the other half concentrating on the data side, such as editing, data structure, integrity, imports and exports?

Jonathan

http://bigfatfrog67.me