To: Gregory Marler <nomoregra...@googlemail.com>, Talk-GB
<talk-gb@openstreetmap.org>
From: Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nicker...@gmail.com>
Date: 04/02/2014 11:21PM
Subject: [Talk-GB] Confirmation of Rights of Way tags

Hi,

Just to confirm, the tags for a right of way are described at

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_access_provisions#Public_Rights_of_Way

Basically, if its on the ground AND in the councils definitive map as a right
of way then use designation=public_footpath (or public_bridleway, etc). You can
also use this if it is on the ground AND signposted as such. For other paths
you can use suspected:designation=public_footpath or suspected:designation=row,
and we will aim to get these followed up before 2026.

Rob