On Sat, 8 Feb 2014, Rob Nickerson wrote:
Warwickshire CC are documenting it at http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/gis At the moment they seem to have gone for the approach of saying if it's our data it's OGL, and if it's OS's data then it's the
Public Sector End User Licence. Obviously this is frustrating as it requires
the user to know who's data is who's, but Jonathan
(from the councils GIS team) informs us that their contract with the aerial
imagery company used in this latest layer allows them to
share the data (i.e. by making the council the data owner it is available under
OGL and has no OS derived data).

I guess you are not interested in the data that Warwickshire County Council has derived from Ordnance Survey data. However, let me make one comment about this.

I note that such data is being released with the "Public Sector INSPIRE WMS End User Licence". The WCC /gis web page links to this web page which describes the licence: http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-and-government/licensing/licences/web-mapping-service-end-user-licence.html?utm_source=Web%2Bmapping%2Bservice%2Bviewer&utm_medium=Redirect&utm_term=wmseul&utm_campaign=INSPIRE

As you know I've been in contact with local authorities concerning release of their data about public rights of way. Occasionally, they suggest releasing the data to me with a "Public End User Licence".

These two licences are similar. I don't regard these licences as Open. As far as I can see, there are no clauses in these licences that allow me to transform their data into another format; allow me to publish these new materials on a web site; and allow me to provide an end-user licence for others to use these new materials.

--
Barry Cornelius
http://www.northeastraces.com/