There is a long established acceptance that some shops are service
businesses, notably shop=hairdresser, but also shop=car_repair. The key
thing about all these places are that they are usually located in dedicated
retail establishments (aka. "shops"). When there is no retail premises then
using craft is fine, but the point of tagging is to make it simple for
people to choose something: not to adhere to some rigorous data model.

In Slide 17 of this presentation
<http://www.slideshare.net/SK53/gone-shopping-detailed-retail-mapping> I
suggested some broad groupings for retail and separated out several types
of shops which primarily sell services: in some cases these may be
alongside an office=* (Estate Agent with a business section in an office)
or a craft=* (menswear shop offering tailoring).

Jerry