Thanks for a brilliant example.

Just want to point out that wikipedia is not exempt from this, I had great
difficulty findin a wikipedia:en article about the Haut Fagnes after
reading Cristoph Eckert's fine blog post
<http://www.christeck.de/wp/2014/07/15/auf-dem-dach-belgiens/>, the only
way to find it was to search wikipedia:fr and then click on the English
Language article to find it called "High Fens
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fens>". Similarly the Erzgebirge appear
as the Ore Mountains. In both cases this is to apparently avoid some
language sensibilities (which are either overstated or could have easily
been managed with a suitable redirect).

I look forward to seeing:

name:fr=Colonie du peuple de Snot
name:de=Siedlung des Volkes von Rotz

and so on *ad nauseum*

On a more serious note, there is (or perhaps, more accurately, was) a
substantial Ukrainian diaspora in the United Kingdom. For instance there is
a Ukrainian social club <http://www.augb.co.uk/nottingham.php> and church
in Nottingham. It would be interesting to find out what the typical usage
is within this diaspora.

Jerry