On 13/08/14 10:02, Derick Rethans wrote:
> It's not only "C" roads. When looking at Nairn (because of a reported
> storm damage to a road) I noticed lots of U-references. Have a look at:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/194703765
>
> and surrounding area. I doubt those are on signs either, and should also
> go into official_ref.

Slight aside again ... simply because I was checking the status of it
... Anybody know if these 'U' numbers marry up with something in the
National Street Gazetteer? That has it's own unique ID - and just for
the record, postcode is only a secondary element since there may be
several postcodes for a single identified street. It's the NSG that is
primary in defining road works locations these days.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL