Tom, you are right, so what is the TA or EN in your examples called by RM?

Cheers
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Hughes [mailto:t...@compton.nu]
Sent: 27 October 2014 10:07
To: Andy Robinson; 'Andy Street'; talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: addressing (was addr:place)

On 27/10/14 09:24, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Are the postal towns not the town that is represented by the first part of
> the postcode? So CW for Crewe for instance. My parents live in Swaffham in
> Norfolk but Royal Mail have them is Cambridgeshire with a PE (Peterborough)
> postcode.

Not at all. My postcode is EN for Enfield, but my post town is Hoddesdon, that
being where the delivery office is for my part of the EN district.

I believe that EN11 8/9/0 all have Hoddesdon as post town - not sure if it goes
wider than that.

Likewise my parents have a TA postcode for Taunton, but their post town is
Crewkerne.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)