On 01/11/14 01:45, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
>> On the whole the changes seem logical, but I'd rather they were applied
>> > manually than setting a precedent to allow changes that may not ACTUALLY
>> > apply as some small outlet is being a little economic with the name they
>> > are using ...

> I would guess that's a rather hypothetical situation. Do you have any example?

More a case that any attempt to do the job properly' and create proper
relational data by using any table of 'valid' data and only allowing a
reference to that table to be used has always been frowned upon. If we
are going to 'dictate' what is acceptable content it should be managed
properly rather than blindly re-writing tags.

I'm not saying that the changes are wrong ... just that this is not the
right method to get things done.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL