Dan S wrote:
> Also, Matthijs sent out an RFC email proposing this whole process -
> he got lots of feedback (which he has taken into consideration),
> but no-one objected to the voting mechanism. It's not your fault if
> you only just noticed this happening, of course

Indeed, which I only just did. I think you misunderstand the point.

Whether or not Matthijs renames a given shop from "the Co-operative food" to
"The Co-operative Food" is of minimal interest to me. As long as the new
name tag is actually what's on the ground (and AFAICT from a distance,
several of the suggested changes originally weren't, but feedback has helped
this get better) then, yeah, whatever floats your boat. As you say, he has
been open with the whole process.

What I am very strongly opposed to is this entirely new idea that mechanical
edits can be ok-ed by a wiki vote.

The wiki voting system is trivially subvertible, as has been repeatedly
demonstrated. It really doesn't take much imagination to see how, even
though Matthijs is proceeding in good faith, this precedent could be misused
by others in the future. That is what I am seeking to avoid.

Richard