Know I hit - reply to list :(

On 19/11/14 20:54, John Baker wrote:
> I understand the arguments against the wiki from the haters here.
> However it is used as a point of reference and should be more respected
> and anti-wiki comments are just insulting to those that actually take
> the effort to edit it. If the wiki is wrong change the wiki - the
> concept is not difficult.
> Slowly there is more cohesion between the default renderer, wiki and the
> editors just stubborn old timers in OSM that will not change.

In the case of some of these edits, the suburb page simply does not
apply and I've explained why on the change notes ... reverting a blanket
change and then reviewing each on it's own merits is the only way
forward here. The same as a number of other 'mechanical' edits which are
being debated. In my book Hayes is a town in Hillingdon rather than a
suburb of the city of London ... It has signposts on the ground
directing you to the town centre! Just as has been pointed out on a
number of other 'towns' in proximity to London. We map the real
situation on the ground - full stop.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL