Dear all,

I have created a new version of my proposal to unify the names of
chain shops within the UK. The list is now significantly shorter, and
only contains clear
errors, rather than interpretation problems of shop signs.

For details, please see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Math1985/UK_Shop_Names.

Please note in particular that there is an Overpass Turbo link to see
which objects would be affected: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/6zT

If you oppose this proposal, or if you want to register particular
areas or objects for an opt-out, please edit the wiki page under the
section 'Oppositions and opt-out'. If you prefer, you can also reply
to this e-mail to me or to the list - in that case, I will add your
comments to the Wiki page in your name.

As the proposal has changed significantly, please let me know if you
oppose this proposal even if you have let me know before that you
opposed previous versions of the proposal.

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback previously received,
which has taught me a lot about the UK retail landscape, and allowed
me to improve the proposal.

Kind regards,
Matthijs