Thanks everyone for such a good response to the Doodle Poll.

A couple of late entries persuaded me to choose Saturday 3rd January for
the event as that allows all who could attend to make it.

I have chosen the area around Hanbury and Draycott in the Clay which is to
the west of Burton-on-Trent. There are a good number of completely unmapped
footpaths between these two locations, and a number of pubs. Of particular
interest is the Fauld Crater
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Fauld_explosion> which can be reached
from a path starting at the Cock Inn, Hanbury Hill.

Meet at 10:30 in the car park of the Cock Inn
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/77045831> . Roughly I plan a walk to look
at the crater followed by mapping the footpaths between Hanbury & Draycott.
We may be able to split up to maximise the number of these we can get in
the time available. Aim is to return to the Cock between 12:30 and 13:00
for a drink and/or lunch.

Lifts may be available from me (Derby, Nottingham area), and Rob (Coventry,
Warwick), and we can arrange a pick-up from Burton Station too.

I'll also put this information in the wiki.

I look forward to meeting everyone in the New Year,

Jerry Clough

PS. I anyone has an OSM banner or similar do bring it along, it would be
nice in a group photo.