On 28 January 2015 at 12:10, Ed Loach <edlo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 28/01/2015 01:13, Neil Matthews wrote:
> > Do we need an OSM disclaimer
>
> The copyright page does include:
> "Inclusion of data in OpenStreetMap does not imply that the original data
> provider endorses OpenStreetMap, provides any warranty, or accepts any
> liability."
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
>
> Ed

They would say "you made information available to others for the purpose of
them using that information, you cannot deny some liability for when people
use that information (whether rightly or wrongly)

In UK law, if you lend a neighbour your ladder and hedge trimmer, if he
cuts his fingers off as he falls from the ladder, you can be held liable
for lending him the gear. Basically, on doing the lending you have a duty
to assess whether he's capable of using the gear safely.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>