On 26 March 2015 at 09:08, Pierre Riteau <pie...@pierreriteau.name> wrote:

>  On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, at 09:22 PM, Pmailkeey . wrote:
>

> What use are post box ref numbers ? Who is really bothered about
> collection times ? The nearest post box is useful info.
>
> I can't imagine anyone using postcodes for routing. Postcodes, I guess are
> only of use to Royal Mail for the purpose of organising delivery rounds and
> abbreviating locations inaccurately.
>

> I am one of the mappers interested in post box data. I find it very handy
> to know the collection times. Around my house there are post boxes
> collected at 11:00, 11:30, or 12:00 on Saturdays. When I want to send a
> letter on a Saturday after 11:00, I check OSM for the closest uncollected
> post box.
>
> The fact that the data is not useful to you doesn't mean is it not useful
> for other people!

Maybe you have a higher density of postboxes but even so, it's usually
quite possible to remember the location of the one with the later
collection. The other point is, RM is so slow nowadays I no longer bother
with first class as second is usually as quick. If a packet is urgent, best
send it by e-mail.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>