On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, at 09:22 PM, Pmailkeey . wrote:

> What use are post box ref numbers ? Who is really bothered about
> collection times ? The nearest post box is useful info.
>
> I can't imagine anyone using postcodes for routing. Postcodes, I guess
> are only of use to Royal Mail for the purpose of organising delivery
> rounds and abbreviating locations inaccurately.

I am one of the mappers interested in post box data. I find it very
handy to know the collection times. Around my house there are post boxes
collected at 11:00, 11:30, or 12:00 on Saturdays. When I want to send a
letter on a Saturday after 11:00, I check OSM for the closest
uncollected post box.

The fact that the data is not useful to you doesn't mean is it not
useful for other people!

As for routing via postcodes, as pointed out already it is ubiquitous
on satnavsā€¦