On 22/04/15 23:17, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Note a number of people don't like the word "disposal",
> and persist in tagging toilets:type instead, with the same data.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=dump
Has a lot lower usage than disposal, but *I* don't like the use of
'sanitary' ... that is more of a problem than the dump/disposal question!

Use as a value rather than a key is more of a problem. ACCESS to the
facility is a secondary matter. And I can give you examples where a
disposal point will serve both boat and caravan traffic. The facility is
a disposal point, rather than a 'waterway disposal point' and and I
would be happy with the current few 'elsan' values in tags if that is
how they are designated on the ground, with a separate generic amenity
tag. This is perhaps where a waterways map would only support waterway
activities, while a general map would link into the adjacent usage.

What is needed however is consistency to using 'amenity' or some other
key, or defining a key on it's own which is where the toilets:disposal
is the most popular usage. In waterway terms, disposal of grey_water may
well be separate to disposal of chemical toilet waste, so waste_disposal
with the correct values may be a more generic solution to the problem.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL