http://bigfatfrog67.me

From: Bryce Nesbitt
Sent: ‎Saturday‎, ‎25‎ ‎April‎ ‎2015 ‎00‎:‎06
To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 1:58 PM, SK53 <sk53....@gmail.com> wrote:

cuisine=breakfast seems far too GB/US/CA centric.

There are places in Berlin which do all day breakfasts but certainly not of
that sort; in most of SE Asia breakfast is likely to be some form of congee,
and there plenty of such breakfast places in Hong Kong.

Cuisine is inherently local, that's one of the great things about it.

When talking about bicycle tool stands, elsan_points, or toilets, I'd help lead
the charge for a worldwide tag.

But for cuisine: it should reflect the richness of the area, especially since
you can tag more than one:

cuisine=greasy_spoon;british;breakfast

Note the seeming USA equivalent is "dive".  Most, but by no means all, Diners
are also dives.   So a Diner

that's also a dive would likely feel fairly familiar, except without the tea.

There are many tags with low counts that have great potential.  Don't let
greasy_spoon=4 put you off.