On 12/05/2015 11:30, Andy Robinson wrote:

Where I see these on C/U roads I change the ref= tag to highway_authority_ref=

Cheers

Andy

I prefer that to official_ref. Much clearer origin.

General query:
As there are many of these around the country & auto edits are seriously frowned upon by a minority, is there a semi-auto way to edit. For instance, can the data be downloaded as XML, amended in a text editor (find/replace) & then uploaded to merge with the database? Is that possible in JOSM?

Regards
Dave F.

---