From: Dave F. [mailto:dave...@madasafish.com]
Sent: 12 May 2015 12:10
To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Ref names on Residential roads

On 12/05/2015 11:30, Andy Robinson wrote:

Where I see these on C/U roads I change the ref= tag to highway_authority_ref=

Cheers

Andy

I prefer that to official_ref. Much clearer origin.

General query:
As there are many of these around the country & auto edits are seriously
frowned upon by a minority, is there a semi-auto way to edit. For instance, can
the data be downloaded as XML, amended in a text editor (find/replace) & then
uploaded to merge with the database? Is that possible in JOSM?

Regards
Dave F.

  _____