On 29/05/15 00:46, Colin Smale wrote:
Thanks to the people who pointed me at helpful tools. I have fixed it up
as best as I can for the moment - obviously erroneous stretches of
coastline have been removed, missing segments have been added where a
bridge has been inserted, that kind of thing. Geometrically it looks OK,
and it seems very roughly to correspond to the illustrative map on
Wikipedia.

There are ways of reversing changes exactly, but they are difficult to use if there have been ad hoc attempts to repair in the mean time, as you have to reverse those repairs first and you need to distinguish them from legitimate changes that happened to overlap.