On 02/10/15 20:26, Philip Barnes wrote:
On Fri Oct 2 14:47:05 2015 GMT+0100, Dave F. wrote:

A new editor has started splitting roads in my locale, but from what I
can see making no tagging amendments. Am I missing something? If not I'd
like to halt him before there's too much damage.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/dataOne/history#map=11/51.2981/-1.9753

I've sent a message asking for clarification.

I can see nothing othet than the splits, don't think you have missed anything.

Even if this is a botched attempt at legitimate changes, the scale of the process makes it look like an un-sourced bulk import, possibly from an ineligible source.