On 01/11/15 17:09, Amaroussi (OpenStreetMap) wrote:

The ability for OSM to render the “British” colours alongside the new style
colours would depend on what resources they have, but I will support adding an
alternative layer to the main site that uses the “British” colours, as soon as
the alternative tile server goes live: it is clear that there is no clear
standard for how roads are coloured. I will suggest however that the “British”
stylesheet be based from the main openstreetmap-carto style, in order to ease
maintenance.

Why do you think a British style should get special treatment I wonder?

Should we have a French style and a US style and a Chinese style and...

I mean how exactly do you propose to decide which national styles should get special treatment?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/