On 17/01/16 00:08, alasd...@dunakin.me.uk wrote:
> I'd like some advice please on how to tag 2 Schools that use the one site.

Having just had a 3 hour session working my way across Worcestershire,
I've hit the same problem in a number of sites. Either the Nursery or
Middle School has an independent EduBase reference, or two or three
schools share a single set of playing field and parking facilities.

What I've done initially is tagged the buildings of each part with the
correct name and ref:edubase tag, and not put a tag on the site
boundary. This I think will throw errors on the progress page, but in
some cases the sites have a public name ... such as Abbey Park Schools
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36626132, but the sites in
Evesham I don't think make the distinction, with in one case 5 separate
edubase establishments across two sites. Not sure what to do there, but
tagging the building has to be correct, and the lack of a site name is
not a problem! So should not be flagged as an error.

Another little niggle ... Morton Fire Service College :) Not on the
edubase list, but definitely a training centre, so again should it just
be ignored on the verifier?

One thing that IS obvious is that we should be messaging some of the
schools to get them to add local details. Something that would encourage
new mappers with an interesting local target. I've put in the outline
and key detail for http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36625621 but
it has a LOT of detail that could be added and if students get the bug,
then the surrounding area is a little bare as well.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL