On 17/01/16 20:34, Neil McManus wrote:
> It seems I am not the only one with this problem. I too have been
> contributing to the quarterly project by adding a few more schools in
> West Lothian and have come across a problem where two schools share the
> same building.  They have a few sites where catholic and
> non-denominational school share the location.
>
> How should I tag this in OSM?  For now I put both names in the tag like
> 'amenity=school' , 'name=school 1 / school 2', but this doesn't seem right.
> e.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/55.95730/-3.46847
> After adding it with both names as above, I checked that a search for
> school 1 works, but school 2 does not.

I've been lucky so far in that the two or three schools can be
identified even if the exact area each uses will require an on site
survey. If the information is not available, then I would in yur case
simply add two nodes with the name, ref:edubase, and amenity=school,
inside the area tagged amenity=school ... the verifier will complain,
but the facts are cleanly available and the only error reported would be
'no name on boundary amenity' ... but both schools will be listed and
can be crossed off. Getting the schools to provide the fine detail would
then be the follow up.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL