I'm not sure Reading is good, it's just a different approach.

Buildings (and indeed most areas) are typically rendered below lines, for
various practical reasons. So maybe it is better to think of building as
the ground-coverage, rather than the usable floor (or roof).

You might want to put covered=yes on the lines as they pass underneath
(this is what is done for covered walkways between buildings, for
instance). But anything is likely to be a compromise. Look at other
stations and see what seems to work best.

Richard