I’m getting internal server errors when I try to look at the previews.

--
Andrew

From: Edward Betts <edw...@4angle.com>
Sent: 11 March 2016 15:46
To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] OSM with Wikidata: now covers UK and Ireland

I've added a code to preview the XML of the changeset that adds wikidata tags
to objects in a given area. You can find preview links on region, county and
district pages, but only if there are less than 150 objects to annotate with a
wikidata tag.

Examples:

Norwich
 http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/district/Norwich
 preview: http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/preview/8/Norwich

Swindon
 http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/county/Swindon
 preview: http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/preview/6/Swindon

Hackney
 http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/preview/8/London_Borough_of_Hackney

Isle of Man
 http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/region/Isle_of_Man
 preview: http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/preview/2/Isle_of_Man

The preview page might be a little slow the first time, but the data is cached
so future access will be fast.

I think the next step is show the list of items to be tagged in human readable
form with a form where mappers can sign their name or username and assert that
they are local, then hit an upload button. The wikidata links will be uploaded
to OSM with the mappers name in the changeset.

The tags on the changeset might look like:

    comment=Add wikidata tags to objects in Norwich
    district=Norwich
    checked_by=Edward
    assertion=Edward, a mapper local to Norwich, has checked these Wikidata
links are correct

--
Edward.