On 08/05/16 09:39, Bob wrote:
It sounds like there is passion but not enough direction

Another concern I would have here is that they are probably importing a copyright database (or at least one that they haven't checked for copyright releases). Unfortunately using copyright restricted sources seems to be very common where passion is involved. (I suspect there is an awful lot of Google mapping data in OSM as a result of passion.)

I'm not sure of the likely sources (assuming they have missed the reference in the existing mapping) but Sustrans have a no commercial use restriction, that is incompatible with OSM.