As a bit more background to this, see the changeset discussion comments on https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39809705 and https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39812846 . I got a reply re "football vs soccer", but not about any of the other questions raised in there.

I didn't revert 39809705 but did correct the stuff that I could see was wrong based on what I was familiar with, although some that I've left are pretty questionable. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/422897831 is a barely perceptible netball court on a MUGA* "currently" (at the time of the Bing imagery) used for tennis. Suggesting that there are 3 sports that can be played at that particular pitch is correct; suggesting that there are 3 pitches is not. In that changeset I did re-add the sport tag where it'd been removed from facilities that were only used for football such as recreation grounds, and removed the fixme from football pitches where it was obvious what sport was being played (not withstanding the tagging of it, as discussed in the other part of this thread.

Changeset 39812846 made a number of changes to items that I'd mapped locally that simply didn't match the local reality (in terms of tag changes, roughly 52 errors, 2 "differently wrong", and 3 "may be correct". I therefore, and because it had so long to manually correct the previous one, reverted that and re-added the pitches added in it (though some of those are a bit questionable, similar to the "netball pitch" mentioned above).

Other changesets doing the same sort of questionable changes are:

I'd suggest that local mappers check the changes in these and make sure that they match their sense of what these facilities are best mapped as.

Cheers,

Andy

* multi-use games area - typically a hard surface with a fence around it, often seen in a local park and primarily used by local kids for ad-hoc football matches