I have taken the liberty of asking my online accountant, Crunch, whether
they would do a freebie/discount for a CIC. They would be able to sort out
banking as they get a small referral fee.

A number of banks do special accounts for CICs but I don't see a huge
difference between them and business startup accounts. Perhaps in that CIC
account might never have a monthly fee whereas a business account may start
paying after a couple of years.

https://www.metrobankonline.co.uk/Commercial/Bank-Accounts/Community-Accounts-for-Clubs-Societies-and-Charities/

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/business/community/community-directplus

CIC banking charges involve a percentage on monies paid in over a certain
value, e.g. 0.5% on payments of over £10k made in a month (a £50 charge per
£10k paid in isn't exorbitant), or transactions over a certain value, e.g.
20p for every cheque after 200 in a month, and of course overdrafts at 25%
but I am not expecting us to ever have one.

Regards,
              Jez