My tuppence:

I've not used it, but loomio looks great. If we decide to go with it I'm happy
to install it somewhere (do we have OSMUK hosting), but if all we need is the
simple version then $190 per year for their hosted version seems good value
(and means one less thing to maintain) - https://www.loomio.org/pricing

Personally I'd definitely prefer Wordpress over Blogger, but for purely
blogging I've noticed a lot of people preferring to post on Medium.com rather
than hosting their own blog.

Best,

Adam