On 18-Aug-16 14:47, Craig Wallace wrote:
The Garmin maps is another question. They seem to label the whole area
with the island name, which is often unhelpful and confusing, even for
smaller islands. Probably better just to have a label in the middle of
the island, or on the coast.

If anyone else needs a workround for this, I noticed this issue when I rebuilt my Garmin maps the other day, and resolved it at least for now by commenting out the lines.

# place=island & name=* [0x53 resolution 19]
# place=islet & name=* [0x53 resolution 20]

from the 'polygons' style file. It was particularly irritating, because as well as the name scattered everywhere, it put a hatch pattern over the whole island (at least when viewed in BaseCamp)!

--
Cheers,
John