Great to see some new mapping taking place in Evesham. I do visit occasionally and last year did some updates around the centre. Unfortunately I haven't had much time during recent visits.

Tagging multi-level buildings can be difficult and there isn't one agreed way to go about it. Generally I would try to keep it as simple as possible while adding the information you consider important.

The easiest option in this case would be to place a node inside the existing Town Hall building outline. Tag the node as a cafe, add the name and other details as you wish. Also add level=0 to show it is on the ground floor.

A somewhat more complicated approach would be to add the outline area of the cafe inside the town hall building. This would probably cover the whole of the building, except for the access to the first floor. You could then tag this outline as a cafe and again include level=0 and other details.

The Town Hall is currently mapped on this way:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/80273740
It might be worth changing the name from 'Town Hall' to 'Evesham Town Hall'. The address could also be added.

I hope this helps,
Will (will_p)