On 13/02/2017 18:19, Marco Boeringa wrote:

But I will leave this to all you now to decide.

Just for info, I'm currently going backwards through the relevant changesets by the same user* in north Notts in areas that I'm (very) familiar with and am fixing or removing "obviously wrong landuse" there.

Once I've done those I'll go onto the south wales areas which was one of the places where the problem was first noticed, and do the same there.

A quarterly project to "get rid of stuff that's obviously geometrically wrong" would work I think, but remapping would need local knowledge and/or ground survey. It's a user without local knowledge trying to "colour in the map remotely" that got us into this mess in the first place. Of course, there are a number of places where people _do_ have good local knowledge, and I'd hope that they'd join in the clean-up effort if they aren't already doing so.

There's a more general question, and that's how we deal with mappers that mean well, but after many years simply aren't very good. With a DWG hat on I occasionally come across people of whom local communities say "Can't you just stop them? They're rubbish!". As a project, I don't think that we have a good solution to this yet. All the help sites (learnosm et al) and friendly changeset discussion comments in the world aren't enough in some cases. All suggestions gratefully received...

Best Regards,

Andy

* to be clear, the original _one_ mapper that was blocked several times by the DWG for not responding to changeset discussion comments.