On 03/09/2017 16:17, Andy Moore wrote:
I'm not sure it's the same mapper as before but the end result is the same with
massive areas mis-mapped and tagged, inaccurately even by the mapper's own
admissions with all the FIXME tags.

The thing that suggests to me that it's the same mapper is that it's the same modus operandi as before (same sorts of edits, same quality of edits, same lack of changeset comments, same lack of reply in changeset discussions).

Can't these changesets just be reverted as the data is junk?

Technically yes - but before doing that I'd want to be sure that there is a genuine feeling that the changes don't add any value. There were relatively few changeset discussion comments at http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=5296090 - what I didn't want to do was to revert (or with a DWG hat on, block) a user for likely inaccurate edits in an area (North Wales) in which I had little recent knowledge.

There now are more comments (for which thanks) and reversions by people with more local knowledge than me (including you - for which also thanks).

With a DWG hat on I've applied a 4-day block http://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/1469 and linked to this discussion.  Hopefully, unlike previous occasions, they will take the opportunity to engage with the community and act on the feedback that they're getting.  However it's possible that a "new" user may appear in the next few days performing the same sort of edits - if anyone something a bit suspect like this please drop the DWG a mail via d...@osmfoundation.org .

I'll also, based on the feedback here, revert the recent Heath changes in North Wales that haven't already been reverted or changed by subsequent edits.

Best Regards,

Andy