On 23 August 2017 at 15:25, Philip Withnall <phi...@tecnocode.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 11:30 +0100, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
>> Some of you have have already come across my Public Rights of Way
>> comparison tool at http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/prow/progress/ which
>> aims to help mappers trying to complete the mapping of Rights of Way
>> in their area.

> I’d be interested in the data for Cumbria and Lancashire being on
> there, though I’m unlikely to be able to devote any time to getting
> hold of the data or using the output from the tool for a month or two.
> I guess you can consider this a statement of interest. :-)

Lancashire have already released their data privately to rowmaps, so
would hopefully be amenable to providing it for use in OSM if someone
asked. Cumbria do have the GIS data, but might it might be more of a
problem getting them to release it judging by
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/prow_data_14 . Since it might
take some time, I've put in an FOI/EIR request at
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/public_rights_of_way_gis_data_an_2
and we'll see what happens.

BTW: To help keep track of where we are with data availability and
licensing from different councils, I've set up
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/prow/progress/open-data . If you know of
any significant stuff that needs adding / updating there, please let
me know.

Best wishes,

Robert.

--