Hi everyone
I'd have thought that from a TfWM point of view, Mapillary pics going through
to HERE would be a positive advantage.
If they want their junction changes to be immediately available and working for
a wide range of routing providers and self driving vehicles that is.
Paul

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> Date:
21/09/2017  22:33  (GMT+00:00) To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org Subject: Re:
[Talk-GB] OpenStreetCam or Mapillary?

    Not commenting directly on the pros and cons, but through their
      cooperation with Here using mapillary for this would make the
      material directly available to a competitor too. Now you can
      consider this a good thing or bad, but in any case it needs to be
      considered.

    Slightly OT;

    while I don't have any first hand knowledge specifically about
      the UK,  but continental Europe has a largish number of companies
      that do that kind of photographic asset management professionally
      (and which seem to have an at least half working business model
      because they still exist). The results of the surveys they do tend
      to not be open to the general public for privacy reasons and so
      on, but getting our hands on that kind of material would be great.
      Naturally these kind of things tend to be "slightly" more
      expensive than using a smart phone camera.

    Simon

    Am 21.09.2017 um 20:09 schrieb Brian
      Prangle:

              Hi everyone

              I'm in discussions with Transport for West Midlands to use
              their inspection teams'  time on the street to assist us
              by taking photos with smartphones, which will also help
              them with their asset management and not have to rely on
              outdated data from Google StreetView.

            Which one of the above is better for us? Or just plain
            better?

          Regards

        Brian