Hi Colin,

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 03:17:49PM +0100, Colin Spiller wrote:

Most of the school information is tagged to the school boundary. However, I would expect the fhrs:id tag to be on the relevant building within the boundary, but the comparison tool - thank you gregrs - expects both the postcode and the fhrs:id on the same object. So is that the standard - both on the boundary, and is it documented in the wiki anywhere? I thought I had better check before I did too many updates!

Thanks for raising this, Colin. This GitHub issue is partly relevant: https://github.com/gregrs-uk/python-fhrs-osm/issues/42#issuecomment-272649433. As of January, it was more common to add the addr:postcode tag to the school boundary rather than a relevant building.

I think it makes sense for both fhrs:id and addr:postcode to be on the same entity, whether that's the boundary or a building. In some cases schools might have more than one building with an fhrs:id, but it's possible that these would have a different postcode e.g. the different houses at Rugby School (http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/363617437).

The comparison tool should cope with the fhrs:id tag being on either the boundary or building, as long as both fhrs:id and addr:postcode tags are on the same entity. It will suggest matches based on the centroid of the school boundary but will pick up existing matches on either.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Twitter: @gregrs_uk