On 21-Oct-17 07:13 PM, Lester Caine wrote:
On 21/10/17 08:55, Gregrs wrote:
Bottom line ... there should be separate objects where that is necessary
and it would be nice if the larger operations such as Rugby School
helped with detailed campus maps as many of the collage and university
sites have been doing?
I agree that in the case of more complex campuses each separate FHRS ID
should be attached to the relevant building if possible, and I think
that the associated postcode should also be attached to that building
rather than to the school boundary in these cases. This is what I have
done in the case of Rugby School (with the added bonus of local
knowledge) and it seems to work well e.g. Stanley House within Rugby
School: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/259571188.
This does keep showing the holes in the whole process :( While I
appreciate that one camp seem to think that scanning the whole database
for other objects with enclosing boundaries that MAY relate to the
contained object, information such as the edubase ref and even the fact
that Stanley House is part of Rugby School and not simply a house in
Rugby seems to get lost. I think that this still goes back to the
macro/micro mapping problem. At one level we only need an icon for
'Rugby School' and all the secondary tags appear against that, but with
all the fine detail now contained inside the likes of 'Rugby School',
some consistent way of combining that at the higher level is what is
missing?

Would a site relation help?

  I STILL think there is a 'place' for 'place=Rugby School' much
as Nominatim adds and that the place elements hold the macro view with
links to the micro elements ...

Other thought on this is ref:edubase defines the edubase link, so why
are we not using ref:fhrs for the food hygiene link. We then define
lookups from ref:xxx to the secondary dama on each of those database ...
I don't think we need to add fhrs:authority everywhere. It's inherited
from the ref:fhrs ...