On 6 November 2017 13:45:15 GMT+00:00, Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 06/11/2017 13:34, Philip Barnes wrote:
>> I don't believe that the type is needed as it can be derived from the
>
>> designation tag.
>
>... provided that someone hasn't caused that to be lost somehow
>(perhaps
>by merging ways by mistake).  :)
>
>Also there are examples of paths on the border between two areas that
>had or have one designation in one authority and a different one in
>another..

Lots of those, especially where they cross the border into Wales.

Paths in Shropshire change reference when they cross a parish boundary and each
link also has a unique reference.

You can also derive the former district from the parish code too and it also
avoids confusion where there are duplicate or similar names.

Phil (trigpoint)