Hi Ben,

Good to hear.

I actually have a version of Carto-CSS which displays welsh names when
present. It merely replaces all instances of name in the Carto-CSS queries
with a more complicated bit of SQL. For complicated logistical reasons I
haven't uploaded this to github, but can put aside some time to do so now.
The style also has blue motorways!

Less successfully I have been trying to create a welsh name transparent
overlay. This would be useful for places like Leicester Liverpool and
London which have Welsh names but are outside the principality. A full set
of tiles covering the UK for a handful of names is overkill. Apart from
styling issues (finding colours and offsets which are legible with the main
carto style), the biggest issue is names of areas which are multi-line and
of variable size, and therefore more or less impossible to offset so that
both the Welsh name & the name on the Carto style are visible.

Regards,

Jerry