Hi,

I recall we had some issues with the Shell import. I have nearly finished my
auditing tool, which helps record every issue with an import and apply it to
the actual importing process. After testing it on a few local imports, I invite
you to check the tool out and validate some fuel stations:

http://audit.osmz.ru/project/shell

The tutorial is not yet ready, but the interface should be quite simple. You
can move the marker on nearly half of the stations to a better position, if you
want. For tags, both old and new values are displayed, and you can click on
each to select it for importing. If there is something to be corrected after,
type a message into the "fixme" field to find it later.

After validating, press the big green "Good" (or "Record changes") button to
send the result to the server. Two "Bad" buttons are for marking duplicates or
absent stations. Please note that the imagery is not quite recent: I've seen a
couple stations that were built after the imagery was taken. If you're
undecided on a point, click "Skip".

Each point should be validated by at least two users, and each change requires
a confirmation by another user. If you think you've made a mistake, you can
return to the point from the "Browse points" page — click "edit this" after
selecting a point there.

If you have a region you're most familiar with, draw a bounding box for it in
your profile (you can draw several):

http://audit.osmz.ru/profile

If you encounter an issue or have suggestions on improving the process, please
tell me.

Thanks,
Ilya