On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 19:15 +0200, Colin Smale wrote:
> In most European countries there are rules/conventions that the sign
> only applies until the next junction, at which point the sign must be
> repeated if required.
That is something I found really confusing the first time I drove in
Belgium. There were lower speed limit signs  on the approach to a
junction, but no sign to cancel it out yet there was another sign at
the next junction.....

I had just assumed that they forget about the limit after a bit and
tended to assume it had finished when I saw the sign on the other side
of the junction.

One difference between the UK and other European countries is that
opposite directions cannot (or never does?) have a different speed
limit on a single carriageway.

Phil (trigpoint)