There's a transaction threshold, so not fully opendata: although I'm sure
it could be gamed by a crowd!

Before getting overly excited, take a look at the (poorly attributed)
sample 1km sq in Exeter. Volume of data is very large with (just)
buildings, road & pavement edges, property boundaries etc. Ask what will it
improve in OSM other than precision: I suspect negligible impact on most
routing applications (as OSM uses a centre-line model, which AFAIK is in
the TIN layer of MM), mapping footpaths. On the (plus?) side lots of very
detailed buildings (but not necessarily changes from extensions), property
outlines (and perhaps this will change the status of the LR Inspire data).

For me the single most valuable aspect will not be MM data at all, but the
removal of licence doubts/issues about other datasets: notably those of
Natural England, SNH and NRW, but also various PRoW data collected by Barry
Cornelius.

Jerry