On 6 August 2018 at 09:39, Philip Withnall <phi...@tecnocode.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for the updates! A quick question about pharmacy matching: are
> we supposed to add the GPhC registration number of the pharmacy to its
> node/way in OSM, similarly to how we do FHRS IDs? There seems to be no
> guidance for/against this on your page for pharmacies.

There's no licence to be able to use the GPhC register as used in
https://osm.mathmos.net/pharmacy/ directly in OSM. IIRC, I asked about
it a while ago and the response from GPhC was that individual
pharmacies owned the address data they submitted, so they weren't in a
position to licence it themselves. You might take the view that the
numbers themselves aren't copyrightable, though there would still be
database rights in the list as a whole, and there would be the
question of how you match them to OSM objects without using the other
address data. I thought this was a bit of a grey area, so I haven't
been suggesting people add the numbers, and the tool doesn't make use
of them for the matching. The tool does use postcodes for matching, as
these may be obtainable from other sources. I've found a lot have FHRS
registrations for example -- see
https://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs/ .

Robert.

--