On 10/08/2018 15:08, Edward Catmur wrote:
Oh, I'd map that as barrier=cycle_barrier without hesitation - it's even
made of the archetypal aluminium tubing.

Ok, will do. It's just that if you asked the residents I don't think they intended it primarily to deter furious cycling. Its purpose is clearly to prevent through motor traffic.

On the other hand there must have been some reason for the double row of railings. But you could stand there all day and not see a cyclist. It's a residential area, not on a route from anywhere to anywhere else. And there is plenty of room for an occasional cyclist and pedestrians to co-exist.

p.s. they are usually galvanised steel, not aluminium.

cheers,

Martin.