Hi all,

I'd like to make Geocaching in my county (Shropshire) more accessible to those
who do not have OS maps, or simply want the convenience of navigating from a
mobile device. This relies on OpenStreetMap having comprehensive mapping of the
county's Rights of Way - at the moment, it does not. I contacted Shropshire
Council, who seemed quite receptive to the idea. The officer confirmed that
Rights of Way data was in the public domain for any use.

Following some more research, I discovered rowmaps.com which has a database of
Shropshire's RoW data from 2014. I contacted the owner, Barry, to enquire about
this data. He is currently seeking a more up-to-date database for me.

Once I have this data, what would be the best way to make it available in OSM?
Is it not considered accurate to directly import the data, or should it be used
as a guide for a ground survey?

Kind regards,
James