Just in case it isn't clear "Waze" is not a third party developer, it is
a 100% owned google/alphabet subsidiary. So while Waze availability does
indicate that there are no technical hurdles to integrating third party
apps, it does not show that there is a way to twist the googs arm to get
them to allow OSM based apps.