Simon wrote:

> The question is what not "ignoring this" entails.

Well a few things:

1. OSM community members being aware of it and perhaps checking it out if
they have a chance (as part of knowing the industry / competition).
2. Doing some research as to whether it is possible to integrate an OSM app
into this (done and seems like yes for Apple Car Play, no for Android Auto
- for now).
3. Making a few noises about the value that allowing OSM based apps into
Android Auto would deliver

I wasn't expecting responses of a legal nature and tend to agree with you
that we don't want to go down that route. I was more pointing it out as an
area some community members may want to pay more attention to (and update
their Apple based apps to use the Apple version now that they can).

Thanks,

*Rob*