Amongst other things, I also documented the lack of a correct tag for an
access restriction sign with an explicit weight limit on it on the
English wiki page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:hgv
Please feel free to correct it if something is not clear.

I also added (my opinion) to the proposal here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/gross_weight#Simplify_tags.3F_.2B_get_through_with_it