I've been trying out the new Waylens camera on loan from OSMUK
https://osmuk.org/camera-rental/ to find out about the ease of use. Results
at http://www.openstreetcam.com/user/osmuk-waylens

The problem I had previously with Mapillary/OpenStreetCam was the
effort/time to get images geotagged and uploaded. This marvellous piece of
equipment has been adapted to automagically upload images to OpenStreetCam
when in range of your wifi connection. It starts recording automatically
and even pauses at traffic lights. The downsides are having a mini-usb
hanging down from the windscreen as it doesn't stay charged very long, and
the elapsed time it takes to do uploads. Uploading overnight works pretty
well. It _would_ upload direct from the car if I parked outside the house,
but i'd have to leave the car unlocked so that it charges the camera.

I have used it to do some mapping, and I even enjoyed rewatching this
person pull out in front of me at Brighton Station without looking or
signaling http://www.openstreetcam.com/details/1304821/283/track-info

I am unsure what the benefits are of using OpenStreetCam over Mapillary, or
even why do it at all. I just wanted to try the equipment out.

My loan period ends at the beginning of December so you could be the next
person to have a go if you want...details on
https://osmuk.org/camera-rental/

Regards,
             Jez